Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Slice Of Life Challenge 3/2

Yesterday I went to the Colorado Caucus with my parents. It was a very interesting experience. First we we all gathered in the auditorium  at Hill Middle School. There we listened to the rules of the caucus, and listened some people talk on behalf of the candidates. After we listened to that we split off into different groups based on our district. There we voted on the people we wanted. I obviously was not allowed to vote, so I watched, did some homework, and played some games. I thought it was very interesting that the way they voted was by a simple raise of hands. For each category after they voted, you would go to one side of the room with a group that voted the same thing as you. In that group you would pick a delegate that would represent that candidate at the county caucus. We went through this same process a couple of times to pick delegates for State Sennet, District Attorney, CU Regent, and of course US president. Going to the caucus was a cool experience, and in 6 years it'l be me doing the hand raising.

13 comments:

  1. Your caucus sounds more organized then mine was. I also caucused and found it fascinating. I loved the energy of the whole community coming together for a common purpose. Your description of the events and your take on them really resonated with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a caucus too, and we stood in line for like 2 hours, and then went in, raised our hands for who we wanted, and then left. It was very unorganized, I was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like it was a really fun thing to experience. I hope I get to do it too sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seem's boring to me, but you explained it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wanted to go, but sadly i had to much homework. your story made me see what it really is like, which makes me want to go even more next time

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanted to go, but sadly i had to much homework. your story made me see what it really is like, which makes me want to go even more next time

    ReplyDelete