Monday, February 29, 2016

Slice Of Life Challenge 3/1

Yesterday was leap day!! I don't know why, but I was really excited for leap day. I remember the last leap year was when I was in second grade, and my job that week was the calendar. On February 28 I started putting up the square for March 1st, when my friend came up to me and told me that I was doing it wrong. She told me that tomorrow was the 29th of February. I totally didn't believe her, and I thought she was just trying to trick me. So I asked my teacher. Sure enough my teacher clarified that the next day was the 29th of February and not the 1st of March. I then put up the correct date, and we all went along with our day. This year, I definitely did not forget about Leap Day!

9 comments:

  1. February always seems like a "trick month" with it's short number of days that happen to change every four years. Your slice really captured that idea in your past and present. Happy Leap Day and welcome to the Slice of Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand it when someone says that the next day is the 29th instead of the 1st. Nice slice, I can totally understand why leap day is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable. I remember that calendar was my favorite job in primary. Nice idea for a slice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be so relieved that my birthday was not a leap day. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leap day is one of the coolest days! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job! i had so much fun reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! i had so much fun reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed hearing about you memory of being in second grade.

    ReplyDelete